Search This Blog

Friday, January 29, 2010

Slacker

I used to be a slacker in my mid-20's. But now that I'm in my 30's, slacking off endangers my survival. I don't want to depend on my parent's wealth because hindi naman kami rich. I don't want to sit and wait for something to happen in my life. Good opportunities don't always land on your lap. I have to go out of my way, wake up early in the morning, stand in long queues sweaty and hungry just to get a license or a certificate or a slot in a training program. I have to give up my whims and caprices to give way to more relevant stuff. Nakakapagod talaga. Pero I have no choice but to work my a$-- off. May reward naman palagi sa bandang huli. "Patience lang, Irene" a friend would tell me. Bakit ba ko nag-e-emote ngayon? Wala lang. Just wanted to look inside myself para ma-encourage ang aking sarili na huwag susuko at papetiks-petiks sa buhay.

No comments:

Post a Comment