Search This Blog

Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Day 2 at the OR

My legs are sore. Standing for almost 8 hours at the OR is like a "Survivor" challenge. The only time I was able to sit comfortably was during lunch break. It was a heavenly lunch. Aside from abling my legs to rest, the tinolang manok at the hospital canteen was so good (medyo nabitin ako sa serving).

First case was CS (cesarean section). My colleagues, Ruby and Rainier, were standing at the unsterile periphery of the OR observing like grade schoolers at the CS procedure. From time to time, we were asked to hand out sponges and water to the scrub nurse. The next case was cauterization. Don't ask which part of the body will be cauterized. The next case was TURP (transurethral resection of the prostate).

As what I've expected, the nurses and doctors are all nice and accommodating. Kahit na volunteers lng kami, we were given nice treatment and warm welcome from them. There's harmony among them, even among the surgeons. I think tatagal ako sa institution na ito. Aside from masarap ang tinola at mga food sa canteen, okay makisama ang mga tao dahil tao ang trato nila sa mga tao.

No comments:

Post a Comment