Search This Blog

Tuesday, January 12, 2010

PGH

I was absent from my editing job for two days now. Talk about priorities, of course nursing career first before editing career (kase wala namang bright future sa latter). I went to PGH yesterday after the orientation at MCGH (killing two birds in one stone!) to submit the requirements for the APCN (Advancement Program in Clinical Nursing). I and my boyfriend, Ron got there before the closing time dahil inasikaso pa ni Ron yung authentication ng Board Rating certificate sa PRC (which is just about 300 meters away from MCGH. Buti na lang umabot kami sa PGH ng alas tres. Yun pala, pwede naman kahit original copy lang ng Board Rating certificate. Napagod lang kami at gumastos sa taxi para lang umabot sa scheduled time. The qualifying exams will be on February 8. Sana makapasa kami ni Ron. Ron so wanted to work and build his nursing career at the PGH. Astig daw kase kung experience and exposure din lang ang pag-uusapan, PGH na ang pinakamagandang mag-undergo ng training. I don't aspire to work there anymore dahil bukod sa manpower pooling lang sila for so a long time now, sari-saring sakit ang exposure mo. However, I am willing to b trained there para wala nang mahirap or nakaktakot pagsabak ko sa ibang institution. Pending pa 'tong PGH, meaning hindi pa sure na makapasok ako dun as a trainee. For the meantime, I'll go for MCGH para hindi sayang ang time ko now that I am officially resigned form my editing job.

I have a super runny nose while typing this. Type then sniff then sneeze. Sniff-sniff, arf-arf!

2 comments:

  1. It's nice to hear that you're liking what you're seeing and doing in order to become a nurse. I am excited for you. It's rare to find a job that you really like, specially nursing. Our profession is tough, underpaid and underappreciated. Generally, people think our job only entails emptying bedpans and wiping their butts when it's so much more than that. Your opinion is often overlooked because they think you're all skill and no brain, which is what I dislike the most. I didn't just spend 4 years in college to be viewed as stupid and looked upon as a servant. After spending 5 years at the bedside, it is easy to forget why one became a nurse when people's view can be as shallow as that. That's why I decided to get my Master's to prove that I can and to prove that I'm not "just a nurse", and whatever you think a nurse is. You can explain why some old nurses turn ugly (not literally), and unhappy. It's true that it's a calling as they say that's why I said it's rare. I can feel your zeal. You'd be an excellent nurse, Irene. Don't get me wrong. I like what I do specially when patients appreciate and respect you. Nursing has its good sides as well. Your opportunities are endless, not to mention, the security of a job...anywhere. Good luck to you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Wes. It's a shame that I've stalled and delayed treading the path of nursing career. Maybe because I was intimated by so many nursing tasks back then. I, too, don't wanna be "just a nurse." I'm still looking for a Pinoy nurse that I can look up to to inspire me to keep the passion burning (and not burn out).

    ReplyDelete