Search This Blog

Friday, January 8, 2010

Exam in Marikina Valley Medical Center

I had an exam at Marikina Valley on Wednesday January 6. My mind went haywire over the last part of the exam--pharmacology questions. Aside from problem-solving (concentration and flow rate computation sans calculator), it was fill in the blanks, like, identifying the generic name and mode of action of the given brand name of those effing 15 drugs. I did try my best to write something on my answer sheet. I almost cringed at what I've written there. Almost everything is just a wild guess. Pathetic. I know all the 15 drugs. Daily, I've given them to my patients in nursing home (Villa Cristo Rey). I didn't know what went wrong with my memory. I just couldn't recall any generic names. Ironic that I got a high grade in Pharma in college and I worked hard for that grade (boosting my self-esteem here). Maybe I should take Vit. B complex from now on.

Until now, there are no calls from the HR. I guess i failed again. I said "again" because I took the very same exam last year. That's why I was so disappointed of myself. I blew my chance. But I'm not losing hope. There are other opportunities waiting for me. I just have to go out and find them with a little help from Bro. and prayers from my loved ones.

I'm now looking forward to my volunteer work at MCGH. I was lucky to get a slot in the operating room. I like OR because this is a special area. I can be an OR nurse, be a member of the ORNAP, dream dream dream! I keep on dreaming!

No comments:

Post a Comment