Search This Blog

Monday, August 9, 2010

Learnings in the Ward

Being almost 3 months in the ward is not enough for me to adjust in the ward. Honestly, I feel stupid in my job most of the time. I hate to bug the staff nurses with my questions. But after the Nursing Supervisor talked to me regarding my first strong warning on a documentation error and advised me to "always ask if in doubt." I don't care anymore if nakukulitan ako basta kapag hindi ako sure or hindi ko mabasa ang sulat doctor ng mga doctor, nagtatanong talaga ako. Sabihin na nilang toxic ako. Minsan, some of the doctors do get annoyed by me if I notify them about my patient's conditions. What's important is that I made them aware and that's one of my toughest jobs--to deal with tyrant doctors.

I've got so many learnings to share with you in the next few days. I need to sleep now. I don't have a duty tomorrow but I will be attending a lecture in the hospital. Goodnight guys!

No comments:

Post a Comment