Search This Blog

Saturday, February 4, 2012

I've been so hooked with this book, I finished reading it in 2 days:


Tina Fey made my day (pun not intended! Haha.)!  She's fun to read, really! Really? Like, I would laugh in practically every page of this book, from the first until the last page. I'm actually re-reading tonight.

Here are excerpts from this awesome book:


“So, my unsolicited advice to women in the workplace is this. When faced with sexism, or ageism, or lookism, or even really aggressive Buddhism, ask yourself the following question: “Is this person in between me and what I want to do?” If the answer is no, ignore it and move on. Your energy is better used doing your work and outpacing people that way. Then, when you’re in charge, don’t hire the people who were jerky to you.” 
 Tina Fey, Bossypants


“I was ten. I had noticed something was weird earlier in the day, but I knew from commercials that one's menstrual period was a blue liquid that you poured like laundry detergent onto maxi pads to test their absorbency. This wasn't blue, so...I ignored it for a few hours.” 
 Tina Fey, Bossypants

No comments:

Post a Comment