Search This Blog

Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Affected

Lots of bad news:

Earthquake in Negros. Tragic, scary, and a lot of people have died and others are still missing.

Death of the nicest anesthesiologist in our hospital. They said he died due to complication of cardiomegaly, i.e. enlargement of the heart. He's the only anesthesiologist who would attend to the nurse's call in the wee hours of the morning when the patients are in severe pain and needs immediate relief due to cancer.


Death of my hubby's grandmother (also due to complications of cardiomegaly) this morning. She had her third stroke and was confined at the ICU yesterday. I didn't expect that it had to be that fast. She's 80 years old.

Lastly, my friend who lives in Saudi together with her whole family, whose kids experience physical and verbal abuse by their nanny, also a Filipina/mother of two kids/TNT in Saudi.

My friend and her husband found this out through a spy camera installed in their kids' bedroom. While they're out for work, the nanny does horrible things to the 2 kids. I was really heartbroken upon learning about the abuse. The boys are so cute and so little, I can't imagine how could the nanny, a mother herself, do such things to the little boys. I hope my friend could find a replacement for the abusive nanny. It's such a pity that they can't take further steps, not even confronting the nanny at this time, because of fear that the nanny would do more harm to the kids when she's left alone with the kids at home. They can't even report the TNT status of the nanny to the authorities in Saudi because they might be charged of harboring a TNT, or something like that.

I need to relax for now. My arthritis is hurting again.

No comments:

Post a Comment