Search This Blog

Saturday, November 6, 2010

Sembreak

My 3-months contract as a nurse reliever ended last month. NSO said our batch will be called for duty by next year when the census starts to increase again. Hopefully, I would be hired as a staff nurse to be able to fulfill the 1-year hospital experience as required by my prospective employer.

I was enjoying the first week of my vacation. But the following weeks became monotonous and left me penniless. I have so many plans in my mind to improve my career as a nurse. I want to apply for NCLEX and IELTS while I am on "vacation" mode. I could use my personal savings for those expensive exams.

Meanwhile, my father wants me to go to Saudi instead of "wasting" my energy for a minimum wage in my recent hospital job, because Saudi do accept nurses even without clinical experience. How cool is that! But my all my closest friends do not want me to work in Saudi because of sexual harassment experienced by them or their loved ones or acquaintance or other scary stories about male arabs chasing/abusing/raping women and men.

It's hard to imagine how my life's gonna be in that country with that kind of scenario. Does it mean I have to go out with a group all the time to protect ourselves from those potential danger? What if something happens to me (knock on wood, wag naman sana) in that country and the Philippine consul can't fight or can't even protect my rights and I would end up in jail or lose my head like what happened to Flor Contemplacion, or be scolded by our own consul just like what Philippine consulate in Hongkong, Mr. Labatt did to a distressed OFW who sought Mr. Labatt's help in HK?

I promise to myself to stop procrastinating my plans. I talked to my friend, Steph, about those stuff and gave me encouragement and inspiration. Thank you, tsong!

No comments:

Post a Comment